Pida is an IDE, but one that is slightly different from other IDEs. Rather than attempting to write a set of development tools of its own, Pida uses tools that the developer has available. In this regards Pida can be used as a framework for putting together your own bespoke IDE.
Although still a young application, Pida can already boast a huge number of features because of the power of some of the tools it integrates. For example features such as code completion and syntax highlighting are well implemented in Pida's integrated editors far better than any editor built for a commercial IDE. Pida currently features: Full code editing (syntax highlighting, code completion, automatic indenting, block commenting etc) Project management, version control management, Python debugger and profiler, GTK+ graphical user interface building and rapid application design, Pastebin integration.
Install PIDA in debian
#apt-get install pida
This will complete the installation
List of PIDA plugins
- Send code to a pastebin service
- PdfTex preview
- PdfTex preview compiles and displays pdf documents every time the buffer is saved.
- Show class/function from python file, and show compilation errors
- Python Debugger
- Python Debugger based on RPDB2 the WinPDB Back End
- Unit Tester
- Perform unit tests
- Docbook browser
- Browse local docbook
- Todo manager
- Manage a personnal todo list per project
- RFC Viewer
- Download RFC index, search and view RFC pages inside PIDA
- This plugin, developed outside of the project, integrates lots of Bazaar function that are not included in the base version control integration