Here’s what file browser looks like when browsing the root file system normally
As you can see, all of the hidden/system folders are not shown. If you hit Ctrl+H at this screen, you will immediately see all the hidden files.
If you would just prefer to make this be the default setting when using file browser, go to the Edit menu and select Preferences
Check the “Show hidden and backup files” checkbox, and you should now see the hidden files all of the time.
Incoming search terms:
- ubuntu show hidden files (41)
- debian show hidden files (41)
- show hidden files debian (34)
- how to see hidden files in ubuntu (31)
- how to enable hidden files in ubuntu (25)
- how to show hidden files in ubuntu (24)
- show hidden files ubuntu (19)
- how to view hidden files in ubuntu (18)
- enable hidden files ubuntu (13)
- view hidden files in ubuntu (11)