This tutorial will explain How to block ActiveX from a website in bluecoat ProxySG device
To block ActiveX, launch the ProxySG Management Console (https://
1. To launch VPM, select Configuration > Policy > Visual Policy Manager > Launch.
2. Select Policy > Add Web Access Layer.
3. Right Click Destination > Set > New > Apparent Data Type. Select both boxes (DOS/Windows Executable and Microsoft Cabinet File) and click OK twice.
4. Right Click Action and set it to Deny.
5. Select Edit > Add Rule (you are adding a rule in the same Web access layer you created above)
6. Right Click Action > Set > New > Strip Active Content. Select all the boxes and click OK.
7. Install Policy and test.