apt-listbugs - Lists critical bugs before each apt upgrade/installation
apt-listbugs [options] <command> [arguments]
apt-listbugs is a tool which retrieves bug reports from the Debian Bug Tracking System and lists them. Especially, it is intended to be invoked
before each upgrade by apt in order to check whether the upgrade/installation is safe.
apt-listbugs [-h] [-s <severities>] [-S <stats>] [-l] [-g] [-D] [-H <hostname>] [-p <port>] [-R] [-f] [-c <dir>] [-t <minutes>] <command> [argu-
· -h | --help Print usage help and exit
· -s <severities> | --severity <severities> Severities you want to see separeted by comma, possible values are critical, grave, serious,
important, normal, minor and wishlist. [critical,grave,serious]
· -T <tags> | --tag <tags> Tags you want to see separeted by comma.
· -S <stats> | --stats <stats> Status you want to see separated by comma [forwarded,done,pending,]
· -D | --show-downgrade Shows bugs of downgraded packages.
· -H <hostname> | --hostname <hostname> Specifies the hostname of Debian Bug Tracking System [bugs.debian.org].
· -p <port> | --port <port> Specifies the port number of the web interface of Debian Bug Tracking System .
· -X | --indexdir Specifies indexdir [/indices/].
· -P | --pin-priority Specifies Pin-Priority value .
· --title Specifies the title of rss output.
· -f | --force-download Ignores the stored local cache and retrieve fresh bugs.
· -q | --quiet Don't display progress bar. This option is assumed if stdout is not a terminal.
· -c <cache_dir> | --cache-dir <cache_dir> Specifies the directory of the local cache [/var/cache/apt-listbugs/].
· -t <minutes> | --timer <minutes> Specifies the expire timer of the cache .
· -C <apt.conf> | --aptconf <apt.conf> Specifies the apt configuration file to use.
· -y | --force-yes Assumes that you select yes for all questions.
· -n | --force-no Assumes that you select no for all questions. This option is assumed if stdout is not a terminal.
· apt Reads filenames from standard input (typically provided by apt).
· list [<package1> <package2>...] Reads package names from the arguments and simply lists bugs of these packages.
· rss [<package1> <package2>...] Reads package names from the arguments and lists bugs of these packages in rss format.
· APT_LISTBUGS_FRONTEND If this variable is set to "none" apt-listbugs will not execute at all, this might be useful if you would like to
script the use of a program that calls apt-listbugs.
· http_proxy, soap_use_proxy=on If HTTP_PROXY is set and SOAP_USE_PROXY is set, the value is used for HTTP Proxy. The default is to use
the same value set for apt.
apt-listbugs understands APT configuration file (see apt.conf). The notable configuration options are
· Acquire::HTTP::Proxy The default HTTP Proxy setting. Special keyword 'DIRECT' will disable proxy configuration.
· Acquire::HTTP::Proxy::bugs.debian.org HTTP Proxy setting, overrides the default HTTP Proxy setting. Useful for setting HTTP proxy for
[bug severity] bugs of [package] ([current version] -> [package version to be installed]) <[status of bug report]>
[bug #] - [bug title] [(Fixed: fixed version, if it's fixed in a future version)]
Reading package fields... Done
Reading package status... Done
Retrieving bug reports... Done
Parsing Found/Fixed information... Done
important bugs of apt-listbugs (0.0.57 -> ) <pending>
#332442 - apt-listbugs: Apt-listbugs doesn't actually download any bug reports
#389903 - apt-listbugs: Does not offer to exit if timeout occurs fetching reports
· 0 Success
· 1 When something is wrong.
· 10 To warn APT not to proceed.
Note that apt-listbugs can't probe all the critical bug reports that really applies to the package of the version. This means that some bugs are
listed because of a conservative reason even if the bugs don't actually apply to the version. You need to review the bug.
apt-listbugs was originally written by Masato Taruishi <firstname.lastname@example.org>, and rewritten by Junichi Uekawa <email@example.com> in 2006 to handle
BTS Versioning features and the new SOAP interface.
Latest source-code is available from http://git.debian.org/?p=apt-listbugs/apt-listbugs.git