This tutorial will explain how to Perform a factory reset on Paloalto firewalls (PA-800,PA-3000,PA-5000 Series).
Procedure to follow
1) Connect the Console cable, which is provided by Palo Alto Networks, from the "Console" port to a computer, and use a terminal program (9600,8,n,1) to connect to the Palo Alto firewall device.
2) Power on to reboot the device.
3) During the boot sequence Type maint to enter maintenance mode.
4) Once in maintenance mode follow the on-screen instructions.
5) Arrow down to Factory Reset and press Enter
6) You will see the Image that will be used to perform the factory reset. Select Factory Reset and press Enter again
7) The unit will reboot when complete. Please be aware that it may take several minutes before the autocommit to complete and allow the admin/admin login to work properly.